1. The Women’s Musical Club of Toronto (WMCT) protects and safeguards personal information entrusted to it by members, ticket purchasers, and donors, in accordance with the requirements of the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA). Accountability is ensured by the Privacy Officer, the WMCT Secretary-Treasurer, who may be contacted at:
Women’s Musical Club of Toronto, 59 Adelaide St E, Suite 500, Toronto ON M5C 1K6
2. Personal information means information about an identifiable individual, such as name, home address, telephone number, e-mail address, and credit card number. The purposes for which the WMCT uses this information are:
- To process membership and ticket orders
- To receive and record donations
- To publicize concert program notes, reviews, and other notices of interest.
- For WMCT internal purposes, such as to analyze trends and statistics, for audits, and to improve services.
3. Consent for the collection, retention and use of personal information is implicit when individuals provide such information. Information is never sold or shared.
4. Information collection is limited to the purposes described above and no others.
5. Personal information is used, stored or disclosed only for the purposes for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual, or as required by law. The WMCT retains personal information only so long as is reasonable to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected.
6. The WMCT makes every effort to create and maintain accurate electronic and hard-copy files.
7. The WMCT maintains appropriate safeguards to protect personal information against unauthorized access, and uses appropriate security measures when destroying personal information.
8. Upon request, the WMCT will provide an individual with information on the existence, use, and disclosure of his or her personal information. The individual may verify the accuracy and completeness of the information, and have it amended as appropriate.
9. Inquiries or complaints regarding the WMCT’s compliance with this Policy should be directed to the Privacy Officer.
Adopted January 24, 2008
Updated and approved by the WMCT Board November 21, 2019