Liz Upchurch, piano
November 14, 2019 | 1.30 pm | Walter Hall, University of Toronto
Canadian soprano Jane Archibald’s artistry generates excitement at every appearance. Ms. Archibald’s dynamic career trajectory has taken her from her home country to San Francisco to the Vienna State Opera and major opera houses on both continents. Featured on multiple recordings, her first solo CD won the JUNO Award for Classical Album of the Year and newly released recordings of Mozart and Messiaen are receiving rave reviews. “Coloratura soprano Jane Archibald was all vocal thunderbolts and lightning flashes” – The Arts Desk
Liz Upchurch, in her 13th season as Music Director of the COC Ensemble, is the doyenne of collaborative pianists and vocal coaches in Canada.
- Henry Purcell | If Music be the Food of Love – Sweeter than Roses
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart | Vorrei spiegarvi, o Dio, K. 418
- Claude Debussy | Pierrot – Regret – Apparition
- Franz Schubert | Der Hirt auf dem Felsen (with Dominic Desautels, clarinet)
- Benjamin Britten | Les Illuminations: 2. Villes – 3. Phrase; Antique – 5. Marine
- Roger Quilter | Go, Lovely Rose – Love’s Philosophy
- Robert Burns | Ae Fond Kiss
- Richard Strauss | Lieder, op. 68: 2. Ich wollt’ ein Sträusslein binden – 3. Säusle liebe Myrthe – 5. Amor
Subscribe to Five Exceptional Chamber Concerts, Phone for Single Tickets 416-923-7052 or
All artists, dates, and programmes are subject to change without notice.
Pre-concert lecture | Free to ticket-holders
12.15 pm | Tuning Your Mind
In consideration of those with allergies or sensitivities, please refrain from wearing perfume, cologne, or other scented products at concerts. We share the air: go scent free.