2016 – 2017
The 119th season of Music in the Afternoon, a five-concert series of classical chamber music features a dynamic combination of Canadian musicians and international artists, established performers and soon-to-be greats. Renowned for presenting music of the highest quality, WMCT concerts encompass a wide of range of voices and instruments, in repertoire from the Baroque and Classical periods to the 21st century.
The 2016-2017 concert series!
- October 6, 2016 — Issachah Savage, tenor* — A big new voice, in the WMCT’s long-established tradition of significant discoveries
- November 24, 2016 — James Sommerville, French horn, with Scott St. John, violin, Peter Longworth, piano — Canadian performing artists, with a new work by Vivian Fung commissioned by the WMCT
- March 9, 2017 — Trio Shaham Erez Wallfisch* — A mini-history of the piano trio from a distinguished international ensemble
- April 6, 2017 — Aizuri Quartet* — An exciting young ensemble performs youthful works by composers of the 19th, 20th and 21st centuries
- May 4, 2017 — Charles Richard-Hamelin, piano — Our 2015 Career Development Award Winner returns
*Toronto Recital Debut
Concerts take place Thursday afternoons at 1.30 pm in Walter Hall, 80 Queen’s Park.
Subscribe to the 119th season of Music in the Afternoon using VISA or MasterCard – call 416-923-7052 Monday through Thursday 10 am to 3 pm.
Or Subscribe online here.